This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Scotts Guest House Blackpool
Situated in the city of Blackpool the Scott’s Guest House and B&B is the perfect place to stay whether you are visiting for business or leisure. Located in the city we are a 10 minute walk, or a 3 minute taxi ride from the main shops and attractions.
We offer 5 bedrooms, all of which can only be accessed by stairs, with none offering en-suite level. There are 3 shower rooms and an additional 2 toilets for communal guest use. For breakfast, where possible, we use locally sourced ingredients and cater for varying dietary requirements. Our breakfast is award winning.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01253 299659 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see google maps and enter address location 38 Reads Avenue, FY1 4BP. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using a journey planning website; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is FY1 4BP to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Blackpool North, which is 2.5 miles away (a 25 minute walk). Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is one parking space in the driveway to the front of the house approximately 1m/3ft from the front door.
- The driveway has a brick surface with a monoblocked path leading to the front door. This is well lit at night by a street light immediately outside the front of the property
- On street parking is available, this can be busy during the day from 8am, but spaces are usually available after 4pm. There is street lighting is very bright.
- The front door is 850mm/32.5ins wide.
- Assistance can be given with luggage
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout, where they are asked to register.
- Seating is available with 6 upright chairs, one with and one without arms and a communal 2 seater couch
- The flooring is wood
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting and wall lights.
- A magnifying glass, pen and pad of paper are available on request.
- Guests are shown the guest lounge / dining room and their bedroom.
- There are 5 bedroom with multiple beds, on the ground and second floor, with stepped access only from the front door. Details of specific rooms are available from our rooms section of our website.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- No rooms have en-suite bathrooms.
- Door opening to the bathroom is 800mm/31.5ins.
- A level entry, step free shower.
- The toilet height is 400mm/15.7ins.
- The wash basin height is 800mm/31.5ins.
- Well lit with overhead lights and a fluorescent light over
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, halls, stairs, landing, are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights.
- There are continuous 2 flights of steps to the first and second floor with a landing and hallway on floor 1 in between
Public Areas – Lounge
- The guest lounge is situated on the ground floor with step free/level entry from the front door and stairs.
- The door opening to the dining room is 750mm/29.5ins wide.
- There is a step down to the door via the kitchen that opens into the garden.
- Lighting is natural daylight and light levels are controlled
- There is a paved patio area which can be accessed from the lounge/kitchen by one step. Tables and chairs are available on the patio.
- The garden area is small with a narrow patio area.
- The proprietor has attended the ‘Welcome All’ training course.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require it someone will come to your room and assist you with evacuation.
- We have tried to ensure each doorframe contrasts in colour with the surrounding wall.
- We are planning a review of our website later this year to make it more accessible, your comments are welcome to assist us with this project.
- We may be joining the National Accessible Scheme to gain a rating for those people with limited mobility and hearing and visual impairments.
- We have asked Visit England to visit our property and we will endeavour to make any suggested accessibility improvements where possible.
|Address (Inc postcode):||38 Reads Avenue Blackpool Lancashire FY1 4BP|
|Grid Reference:||SD 31017 35675|
|Hours Of Operation:||24 hours|
|Local Equipment Hire:||Blackpool Wheelchair and Scooter Hire Mobility equipment supplier in Blackpool, England Address: 183 Lytham Rd, Blackpool FY1 6EU Phone: 07734 167864|
|Local Accessible Taxi:||C Cabs 6 Caunce Street Blackpool Lancashire FY1 3DN 01253 292929|
|Local Public Transport:||http://www.blackpooltransport.com/|